El Nido, Palawan, Philippines,
Palawan, El Nido is often referred to as the last frontier or heaven on earth due to its geographical position and its lack of infrastructure. This makes that place unique and with its preserved natural environment. Palawan, El Nido is located 238 kilometers north on the island. This area is bounded by Luzon Sea on the north, Taytay bay on the east and the China Sea on the west with the famous Bacuit Bay. The topography is characterized by rugged hills and mountainous terrain. The karstic rocks are limestone cliffs formed 250 millions years ago. There are a total of 45 islands and islets in the Bacuit Bay. Palawan, El Nido was first called Talindak, the name of a small Tagbanua village. The Spanish called the Bay “the Bacuit Bay” during colonization in 1890. Then they changed the name of Talindak to “El Nido” in reference to the edible bird’s nest of swiftlets. They are appreciated by Asian countries which cook some upmarket dishes with it.
The Bacuits bay of Palawan, El Nido is definitely the highlight of the village. Travelers who reach the town will choose one or several daily boat tours to discover the archipelago. During those boat tours you will be discovering islands surrounded by dark cliffs, lagoons, white sand beaches and wonderful snorkeling spots.
What to do in El Nido, Palawan?
You would like to explore the world famous destination of El Nido Palawan: ”The last frontier of the Philippines” but you want to know what you will be able to do on the spot?
Here are the top adventurous activities to do while in El Nido, Palawan!
- Day tour: El Nido, Palawan : it’s a great time to enjoy the paradise feels and explore the wonderful beaches, secrets beach, lagoons, sandbar, and breathtaking limestone view. There are 4 different main day tours: a, b, c or d.
- Expedition in El Nido, Palawan, Philippines: we called it adventurous Expedition. Explore and more adventures with 3 days & 2 nights expedition in a remote paradise of El Nido, Palawan. The expedition begins in El Nido and ends in Coron. Sleep on remote beaches and discover a simple way of life of Palawan, El Nido.
- Kayaking in El Nido, Palawan: this place is the best for the kayaker lover. While enjoying the breathtaking view of the limestone’s beauty, if you are a lucky person you will see for real the friendly hundred year old turtles. The 3 best spots for kayaking in El Nido, Palawan are: big lagoon, small lagoon, Miniloc Island
- Snorkeling in El Nido, Palawan: All day tours and expedition all of this includes the snorkeling activity. While you are enjoying the wonderful underwater view, fish and you can take photos and swim with the friendly turtles.
- Inland tours in El Nido, Palawan: you can rent a motorbike for only 500 pesos per day. Hassle free, just take your map with you then go to discover the north. The spots you must visit in El Nido, Palawan are the following ones:
- Las Cabanas
- Kuyawyaw falls
- Nagkalit-kalit falls
- Nacpan beach
- Duli beach
- Calitang beach
- Taraw cliff
- The Ille cave
- Makinit Hot spring
- San Fernando
Important things to know before visiting El Nido, Palawan
Electricity is supposed to be 24 hours a day BUT there are always a lot of interruptions. El Nido, Palawan is having 24 hours electricity (only since 2015) but still with a lot of black out. Many establishments have their own generators to allow them to run at least fan and light at nighttime.
Meals can take a while to be served at the restaurant: El Nido, Palawan is having a larger range of restaurants than before. Most of them use to cook fresh food, which could take a while. Getting served in the paradise of El Nido, Palawan can take a long time. So better not wait to be starving before going to eat.
Airport in El Nido, Palawan: Airswift is the only company operating in El Nido airport. If you will use this company in order to reach Manila and then to flight back home, it is always safer to spend one night in Manila. It could happen that some flights are delayed or canceled. It so much shorter than traveling back and forth from Puerto Princesa (5 hours approximately) to Palawan, El Nido.
ATM in El Nido, Palawan: the ATM can often be out of cash. You might organize yourself and have some cash with you before arriving.
WIFI in El Nido, Palawan: only a few establishments are having a good WIFI; it mostly depends on the location of the hotels or restaurants.
What to do in El Nido at night
If you are looking for the perfect evening in El Nido, Palawan, we advise you to first head to las cabanas beach to see the sun set. Then you can enjoy a nice dinner at La Plage, Corong Corong . The establishment has been newly renovated. They served delicious meals and they have a pool. If you are not yet tired after that and you still want to enjoy your night in El Nido, Palawan you can head to SAVA Beach bar for a drink or more.
If you want to experience El Nido in a different way then you must have a look at our 3 to 5 days expedition from El Nido to Coron. You will be able to discover some more places than the frequently visited, such as the archipelago of Linapacan. It was elected a couple of years ago: clearest water in the world. During several days you will adopt the local way of life of the islanders of Palawan, El Nido retimed by sunrise and sunset. Nativ’ Exploration Palawan will arrange this boat expedition for you in order to let you ride a boat and enjoy the trip. That will make your trip very unique.
How many days do you need in El Nido?
We advise you to stay 3 to 5 days in El Nido before your boat expedition
Where to stay in El Nido, Palawan
You can either stay in the main town of El Nido, Palawan, or book a place in Nacpan Beach (north of Palawan, El Nido) or cross up to the other coast of El Nido Palawan in the village of San Fernando.
Is El Nido worth visiting?
El Nido, Palawan is well known for the Bacuit Bay. You might go Island Hopping before your expedition to discover the lagoons for example.